20140121

January Nights



We've been blessed with unusually cold temperatures for this time of year and extra layers are always welcome, especially at night when it can go down to 20°C‎. You Westerners can scoff all you like but sub 25°C‎ weather with almost zero humidity for me is a cause for celebration. It even dropped to 8°C‎ a couple of days ago up there in Baguio City... I'm actually amazed it can be that cold anywhere in the Philippines.

These days I'm all about scarves. Here I paired a dark gray one with an old draped tunic for double the drapey goodness. The added warmth is also much appreciated. In reality I get cold easily, especially my feet and hands and despite my proclivity for layering I would wager I will be rendered helpless in actual winter conditions. 

The chill is expected to last well until February. In exchange for this pleasantly cool weather I'm expecting a punishing and brutal summer season come late March.

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful scarf. I love large, frayed ones, especially in Summer without a jacket.

    Hoping the weather stays pleasant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for actually dressing how you would like then, without getting all hot and bothered. We're at about 2c atm here.


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mika
    You have great sense of fashion&art. Very cool, yet sophisticated.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Although I wear colorful and patterned clothes all the time, I secretly love minimalist style, just like yours!

    Elizabeth
    missstrangename.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.